25.6.10

passing time with you in mind.


Dearest Eva,
Now that you are a Vancouverite (at least for the time being), I am very happy to point you towards some of my favourite stores. Lucky for you, you are set to live in Mount Pleasant, the boutique mecca of my last few years of University. Not only did I buy Alison's and my grad dresses there (which are to DIE for), I also bought some of the prettiest vintage things in my wardrobe there that aren't just for special occasions.
Walking up Main St away from downtown, you will find many stores to make any lady drool. The first (I'm pretty sure) of the thrift/vintage options is called Temple of the Modern Girl. The lady that runs it is a peach, and you will fit right in with your lefty ideals. Keep walking and you will undoubtedly find whatever you are looking for. Most of them are right on Main and are on the same side of the street. There are also stores with new clothes, but I find that for me the hunt is 99% of the fun and that even when I come home with nothing looking through racks of vintage beauties is worth the trip. Bohemia Gallery has some great stuff upstairs in "the loft", as well as comfy seating for whoever accompanies you.
Of course Mount Pleasant has way more to offer than just thrifting. The coffee, restaurants, people watching, library, and grocery stores are all fantastic too.
Not that I'm jealous or anything.
I hope you have so much fun living there!

- listening to: "Sister" Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment